Devastating fire sparked by a heater

Devastating fire sparked by a heater

I was sad to receive the following article this morning where two young toddlers have perished in a bedroom fire in Geelong East, Victoria.

It is believed a toy fell onto a bar heater, which was turned on earlier in the morning, and ultimately sparked a small fire, causing smoke. This silent small fire went on to engulf the entire room with smoke and the girls sadly could not be saved.

This is a horrible reminder of how careful we need to be when it comes to our young and defenseless. This is a terrible situation for the family and my thoughts are with them, an easy mistake to make for any of us leaving a toy in range of the heater.

I hope that by me sharing this tragic story it could prevent even just one event like this occurring again.

Allergy & Air have 18 space heater safety tips which I share below.

Safety Tips for Portable Space Heaters

One response to “Devastating fire sparked by a heater”

  1. Winnie says:

    Oh dear! how sad our thoughts and prayers are with the family.
    Thanks, Allan, this is very informative and reminds us to always be on our toes when it comes to the safety of our children.

    Great Complements to the work that you do!! Much appreciated!!!

    Thank you again,

    Winnie Mavoa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*