Blog Question on Landslip

Landslip is not a peril that all home and contents policies provide coverage for.

I received this short question regarding landslip yesterday.

Hi Allan,

Which Victorian insurers provide insurance against landslip resulting in loss of home or contents?


Rodney C [name and email supplied]

The easiest way for me to answer this question is to go to and download a list of all the domestic policies I know after choosing two selection criteria, namely: “Earth Movement following a Storm” and “Erosion, Subsidence, Landslide, Earth Movement”, both of which are typically mentioned in the Exclusions section of home and contents policies.

The result for those interested is Landslip_Comparison.

Rodney, I trust this answers your question.

Leave a Reply