Insuring a mobile site hut

site hutI had a question asked of me today regarding insuring a mobile site hut for a builder.

While many private motor vehicle policies provide a small sub-limit for a trailer while attached to the towing vehicle and liability insurance, there is no such cover for owned trailers under a Commercial Motor insurance policy.

In this case, as the unit is on wheels and is used for commercial purposes the best way to insure it is as a trailer. A full description on the unit should be provided to the underwriter so that they can insure it correctly.

As the unit is on wheels it is not appropriate to insure the unit under a marine policy.

In my discussions with the broker we also touched on security measures to reduce the likelihood of theft.

If any subscribers are interested in the level of coverage provided under private motor policies you can check the whole market in

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *